Kangaroo Manufacturing, a fast-growing toy & novelty e-tailer, is looking for a customer service representative who wants to join a growing company. This position is responsible for inventory control, monitoring and reporting inventory discrepancies, receipts, shipments, adjustments, product expirations and office support. This role will be assisting the Warehouse Manager to increase organizational effectiveness and maintain accurate computerized records of inventory in a Warehouse Management System (WMS) for multiple locations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Create, manage and reconcile transactional reports for inventory movement throughout company
- Requires some manual data entry into local inventory systems
- Requires use of integration software and ability to navigate through systems from a user interface
- Tracking adjustments
- Audits inbound receivers, bills of lading, purchase orders, and other documents.
- Determine if variances require further research and involvement of other departments/personnel and take appropriate action.
- Tracking balances on hand
- Tracking code dated merchandise
- Tracking lots and revisions in multiple facilities
- Research and reconciliation of variances +/- standards set forth by management
- Assists in monitoring work in process (WIP) inventory and finished goods
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Determine stop sale dates for products forecasted run out, expiring product, obsolete material.
- Maintain stock levels between facilities to ensure all products are selling in proper Lot rotation.
Competencies (Behavioral and Technical Skill Requirements)
- Proficient in MS Access and MS Excel
- Must have general knowledge of warehouse procedures
- Must possess knowledge of inventory control procedures
- Must be proficient in data entry and computerized inventory control systems
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to quickly learn the organization’s structure, business processes and systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize.
- Willingness and ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines in a fast-moving business
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently with minimum supervision
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree preferred or will consider equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of experience in logistics and inventory control environments
- 3 years experience with computerized inventory systems
- Experience working with 3PL companies and conducting audits
- Excellent research and problem solving skills
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs repetitively
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Environment requires the ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse where problems occur and volumes are heavy. The warehouse environment requires the use of the phone and computer frequently.
Why Kangaroo Manufacturing?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Career advancement, this is a ground level opportunity!
- Generous PTO